tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [UNSURE]Re: Tomdroid now on the Android Market!

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM, mark strawser <ottermaton@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe I saw something on this list mentioning that some
> documentation needs written - is that right? I no longer have the
> original message, so could someone reiterate? I am getting pummelled by
> school work but if I can find some time I'd like to help.

The only documentation task I can name from the top of my head is the
beginners guide. It should walk through zero to a complete development
environment with the following rough steps:

* Getting and setting up the android sdk
* (optional) Getting and setting up Eclipse along with the android plugin
* Installing bazaar, cloning the repo and pushing changes to a
personal development branch

Olivier mentioned that the doc/user/README and doc/dev/README contain
an attempt at this, and I believe they should be merged and put
somewhere more visible on the web site. Launchpad doesn't seem to
offer project pages, so the location of such a guide will have to be
determined.

I know the above isn't much of a help, but anything you can come up
with will at least be integrated in the READMEs.

Cheers,
Benoit