tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Next: Two-Way-Sync?

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Rodja Trappe <mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Tomdroid Coders,
>
> the 0.4.1 release makes Tomdroid really usable and many people like it,
> as can be seen by the Android Market ratings and comments.

Indeed, nice work guys!

> I would suggest to heavily focus on two-way synchronization
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/tomdroid/+bug/549647) for the next release.
> Much work as been done on the two-way-sync branch to enable basic
> syncing forth and back. Because I consider this code as "mergable" into
> master somebody should takle "Formatted Note Editing"
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tomdroid/+bug/657568.

I was intending to send out an email soon regarding the work we are
doing for Snowy's browser-based mobile client.  But since you bring
this up now, I may as well share the work-in-progress wiki page
documenting our approach to mobile editing:

http://live.gnome.org/Snowy/MobileEditing

It will soon be cleaned up and include documentation on the
markdown-like syntax we will be using for note editing.

If you guys intend to do editing in a similar way, we can share a lot
of work (transforms, parser implementations, test suites, etc).

I look forward to discussing this more when the wiki page is done and
pending work is merged into Snowy and deployed on Tomboy Online.

Sandy