tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Tomdroid 0.6.1 "Polyglot" stable release

Hi everyone,

I have the pleasure to announce Tomdroid's 0.6.1 "Polyglot" release!

This is a bugfix release for our previous stable version 0.6.0 and will be
the last version pushed to the Android Play-Store containing only a one-way
sync!

After this release we will be merging our beta branch containing great
features like note editing, two-way sync or tablet support. This here
contains mostly fixes and again more and updated translations. Thanks for
your awesome help to make Tomdroid readable for almost everyone on the
planet!

One of the most important fixes in this release is the support of a secure
connection to Rainy, the new Tomboy-sync server written in C# and based on
the tomboy-library. The developer, Timo Dörr, describes it as "more
lightweight and designed for smaller, private groups like friends and
families". In fact, it should be possible for everyone who knows a little
bit about computers to host their own local Rainy server! The web-page
contains more details on how to achieve this: http://www.notesync.org

Unfortunately, Ubuntu One is not hosting a note-sync server any more, as
you have probably realised already:
http://voices.canonical.com/ubuntuone/2013/02/04/notification-about-notes/

However, we are not able to provide a public available alternative to
Ubuntu One yet. Tomboy Online is still in a closed Alpha and is not
maintained any more and Rainy is missing some key features to use it as a
public sync server. If you want to change this, hire Timo Dörr for two or
three months during this summer and you will get a fully working, awesome
alternative ;-)

Here's a more thorough changelog:
* Backported fix for lp:1134866 and lp:982749 from beta branch
* fixed lp:1132389 Tomdroid 0.6.0 Crash on Rotation in Authentication
* fixed lp:1153289 Accept self signed SSL certificates to be able to sync
securely with Rainy (www.notesync.org)
* New translations: bs, el, eo, fa, fi, nb, si, ta, bg, et, gl, id, la, ml,
nl, sr, zh-rTW
* Updated translations: ar, ca, cs, da, de, en-rGB, es, eu, fo, fr, gd, hi,
hu, it, ja, ko, ms, pl, pt-rBR, pt, ru, sv, te, tr, ug, uk, zh-rCN, zh

Tomdroid is a Tomboy compatible wikiwiki note-taking application for
Android. Right now it's a tomboy note viewer, but soon it should be
considered a full tomboy client for Android!

Tomdroid's project page: http://www.launchpad.net/tomdroid/

This latest stable release is available at:
https://launchpad.net/tomdroid/+download. But there you can also get our
latest beta releases with experimental two-way sync and note editing. Point
your Android browser over there and click on the top .apk file. Alternate
installation instructions are available in the README file.

p.s.: Mega props to Stefan (jango) for this release who did all the work
including this announcement. Honorable mentions to all contributors and
translators! You guys rock!

Cheers!
--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>