Re: OBI new menu item

Hi Israel,
[inline]

Den 2015-01-24 01:16, Israel skrev:
> Hi,
> Nio, I have had some issue with updating OBI... I am not very familiar
> with dialog (I know I can read the man page) but I thought I would
> simply ask you, since it is somewhat cryptic to me.
> I have this:
> ns=$(dialog --no-shadow --backtitle "$version - Starter Menu" \
> --title "Please select an action with a letter key or the arrow keys" \
> --default-item "$defitem" --colors --cancel-label Quit --menu
> "$menutitle" 18 76 *11* \

"$menutitle" height width *menu-height* \

It should work like this:
There are menu-height entries displayed in the menu at one time, but the
menu will be scrolled if there are more entries than that.

I don't know why it gets stuck in an endless loop instead of letting you
scroll to the last item. Maybe a bug in dialog. (I have had that
scrolling work in several other cases.)

Make it 12 instead of 11 if everything will work that way, or remove the
least necessary option, for example

t " Tips" \

or

c " Check (and repair) the file system /dev/sda1" \

Check that everything is written and shown correctly in a terminal
window of default size!

You may need to increase the height from 18 to 19 which may or may not
make the appearance ugly or incomplete. An alternative is to force the
terminal window to be bigger than default (one or two more lines) but
that might not work with all implementations, where you cannot control
which terminal emulator that is used.

> s " Select   tarball to install" \
> a " Partition drives and Install alongside current OS"\
> i " Install   tarball   \Z1with the $prgnam\Zn" \
> d " Download tarball" \
> m " Make     tarball" \
> o " $level OBI level (select basic or advanced)" \
> h " Help to select drive" \
> t " Tips" \
> c " Check (and repair) the file system /dev/sda1" \
> q " Quit from this menu (exit to the bash shell or close window)" \
> r " Reboot" \
> p " Poweroff" \
>   3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 3>&- )
>
> since there are 12 items do I need this to be 12 instead of 11...
> The current version of OBI goes into an endless loop and is stuck..
> Unless I edit out item a from both portions...  so I am just guessing at
> the 11/12 issue.
> I used it to install on a computer I found today in a dumpster... other
> than having to remove those lines it worked really well!!
> I plan on testing a few other things soon, once OBI is up to the level
> of excellence we want.
> Then I will tar up a fresh system (once I figure out why oem-config is
> not working correctly)

What happened to oem-config?

> I will test oem-config with the latest Lubuntu pre-release to see how it
> should behave and that should help me to determine where something is
> failing....

Do you intend to test that it works in all current versions of Ubuntu

precise, trusty, utopic, vivid?