Re: OBI new menu item

Hi Nio,
(inlines)

On 01/24/2015 01:56 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel,
> [inline]
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2015-01-24 01:16, Israel skrev:
> "$menutitle" height width *menu-height* \
>
> It should work like this:
> There are menu-height entries displayed in the menu at one time, but the
> menu will be scrolled if there are more entries than that.
>
> I don't know why it gets stuck in an endless loop instead of letting you
> scroll to the last item. Maybe a bug in dialog. (I have had that
> scrolling work in several other cases.)
Maybe there was some other issue I am missing...  I may have had some
odd typoo..
though I have been trying to run shellcheck before I commit to catch those.
which reminds me, there are a lot of things printed out by shellcheck on
many of the programs in OBI.  Some of them seem fairly benign, but a few
might be worth investigating...
> Make it 12 instead of 11 if everything will work that way, or remove the
> least necessary option, for example
>
> t " Tips" \
>
> or
>
> c " Check (and repair) the file system /dev/sda1" \
>
> Check that everything is written and shown correctly in a terminal
> window of default size!
>
> You may need to increase the height from 18 to 19 which may or may not
> make the appearance ugly or incomplete. An alternative is to force the
> terminal window to be bigger than default (one or two more lines) but
> that might not work with all implementations, where you cannot control
> which terminal emulator that is used.
Ok, I will play with it in my VM and see what I can do.  I do not want
to remove things, as you put those there for a reason :)
>> Then I will tar up a fresh system (once I figure out why oem-config is
>> not working correctly)
> What happened to oem-config?
It boots into a black screen, when I run it.
I suppose I will try this with other display managers (lightdm, xdm) to
see if SLiM is the problem
>> I will test oem-config with the latest Lubuntu pre-release to see how it
>> should behave and that should help me to determine where something is
>> failing....
> Do you intend to test that it works in all current versions of Ubuntu
>
> precise, trusty, utopic, vivid?
I just want to see what it should do... it has been quite some months
since I last used it successfully.  I have been too busy trying to
figure out session management, and code things.
Which, reminds me there is an issue with session management I need to
address...
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> -Israel