Re: Testing 'Applications' Window Observations

Hi again :)
I just tested this, and this is indeed a bug with PCManFM, rather than
our programs.
I tested the drop down applications, and then tested the Applications in
the Places menu (it simply opens the applications folder)

I will give some notes here:
ImageMagick(Display) there is some sort of bug here... not sure why it
wont open from either menu or Applications dialog.  However it works for
opening images in PCManFM.
I can make it work by running x-terminal-emulator -e behind it... from
the menu.
Maybe we can make some sort of wrapper around it?

Links2 is a very miminal browser.  You push ESC to access the toolbar.
I may need to delete the cache in order to reset it to the default
screen for the first run.
It might also be worth running the user to a specific webpage (like the
start page on the harddrive)

Network:
This is something we will need to look into further.  I am not sure what
kind of solution we can have for this.  This is purely related to
PCManFM executing the nm-applet.
So, I am not sure if we can do much to prevent this.  We could talk to
Joe and see if he has anything in mind to limit running multiple
instances of the same program from the Dock.  (the indicator applet area
on the JWM panel)

Python requires a terminal, since this launches the interactive shell.
Not sure if we can do anything about this, since PCManFM doesn't
(apparently) respect the Terminal line.  This may not be the case with
the newer version (14.04)  I will have to check this out later.

View File: is something we do not need to open (normally).  This is for
opening gnome keyring files.
I suppose I should just remove the Applications Item from the menu.

It was useful early on, but now it really serves no purpose

On 03/03/2015 06:58 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 03/03/2015 02:02 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> I clicked on Places -> Applications, and I observe the following:
>>
>> 1)  There are 2 Synaptic Package manager icons.
>> 2)  Nothing happens clicking on Htop icon.
>> 3)  Nothing happens clicking on ImageMagick (display) icon.
>> 4)  Nothing happens clicking on Keyring Access icon.
>> 5)  Clicking on Links2 icon produces a window that seemingly cannot
>> be used.
>> 6)  Clicking on Network icon additionally adds a network icon in top
>> activity panel/bar (multiple clicks produce multiple instances in top
>> panel/bar.
>> 7)  Nothing happens clicking on Notification Daemon icon.
>> 8)  Nothing happens clicking on Python (v2.7) icon.
>> 9)  Clicking on View file icon produces a window (blank/white) titled
>> 'Certificate Viewer'.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> JackT.
>>

> Hi Jack!
> Can you file this as a bug?  Ali would prefer this.  Feel free to file
> it against jwm-settings-manager in launchpad, since the menu is part
> of that package.
>
> Thanks for testing this!  Some of these issues have been resolved
> already (Htop and ImageMagick)
> I will have to look into the other ones more closely, some may have
> been similarly resolved.
>
> Also, is this in the Live version, or the installed version?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> -Israel
> ToriOS Team