Re: [Torios] ToriOS (beta) tarball with 3 kernels

On 03/27/2015 06:30 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> Thanks for testing and giving feedback:-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Hi Israel,
>
> Do you remember my tweak of the desktop file for 'Root terminal'?
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2015-03-28 00:18, Cinque Port Computers skrev:
Hi Nio,
It is not needed. This is from the bug report

here is the workaround.
open a terminal and run:
*gksu-properties*

*change su to sudo*

the other thing to do is edit:

/usr/share/gconf/schemas/gksu.schemas

      <key>/schemas/apps/gksu/sudo-mode</key>
      <applyto>/apps/gksu/sudo-mode</applyto>
      <owner>gksu</owner>
      <type>bool</type>
*      <default>false</default>*
should be:
*      <default>true</default>*
Do both and your current user will be able to use gksu desktop file.
The issue is that the mini.iso does not (for some reason) enable this,
like the normal desktop sessions do.
Not sure why this bug exists... It is highly annoying and not useful in
any scenario I can think of.
both gksudo and gksu link to the same program... the gconf scheme is the
issue.

-Israel
ToriOS Team