Re: [Torios] new zenity applications zmktbl and ztweaks

Den 2015-04-19 09:37, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Hi Israel,
>
> [inline and at the end]
>
> Den 2015-04-19 00:51, Israel skrev:
>> Hi Nio,
>> (inlines and at the end)
>> On 04/18/2015 10:57 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, that is the correct way to do it (when you have a package where it
>>> fits).
>> Yeah, though you could do some crazy packaging stuff, if you really tried
>>> So what do you suggest? Who should do the change? And where? Do you
>>> want everything to be mounted automatically in ToriOS? I think there
>>> is a reason why labels are used install of device IDs, for example
>>> /media/MyData instead of /media/sdb1
>> We can do it by ids, that makes it easier for the user.  I was thinking
>> in programming terms... but user terms is a much better way to think of
>> that :)
>>
>> I do not know whether or not we should automount everything, or how to
>> NOT automount everything if we already do...
>
> ToriOS does automount everything now. As it is now, there is no
> available partition to select at the advanced OBI level, because they
> are mounted. (This is not the case in my original One Button Installer.)
>
> I ask again: Who should do the change? And where? I won't change it if
> you want to do it yourself - and I can understand if you want full
> control of such a thing.

Hi again Israel,

I'm very sorry. I have been telling you "ToriOS does automount
everything now" and it is actually a mistake by me :-(

This is because I have been testing it with the 'other systems' in USB
drives. *ToriOS live does not automount internal partitions* (except
those in fstab).

So ToriOS needs no change in this behavior :-) After all, it is rather
unusual to have installed systems in USB drives. Users that have such
systems can be expected to understand that they need to unmount them to
make them available. There is a complication though, that they should
not 'eject' the partition from a file browser, because then it will not
be possible to mount to /mnt until un-plugged and re-plugged. Unmounting
with 'umount' works well.

With the same reasoning, we can expect people to mount the partition,
where they want to read or write the tarball. It can be explained in the
manual. but the program cannot take care of all possible mistakes.

Or, we should help the user and unmount + remount to /mnt (when possible
to unmount).

What do you think?