lsb-release and updates

Hi everyone,
I am currently experimenting with a modified /etc/lsb-release
This is the file that displays what OS you are running
DISTRIB_ID=ToriOS
DISTRIB_RELEASE=1.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME=teal
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="ToriOS 1.0"

What do you think?
For the time being (until we have a codename) I used the bird 'Teal'

The Teal or usually called Common Teal (Anas Crecca) is a widespread
duck in temperate Eurasia while they are migrating south during winter.
It’s the smallest dabbling duck. The wingspan of this bird can reach
53–59 cm (21–23 in). This bird can fly at the top speed of 109 km/hour
(68 mph).

it is a small duck that flies really fast.  I can't remember what
codenames we jokingly came up with, so if anyone wants to offer up some
better ideas please do.  :)

My reasoning for changing this is to make thing more visually nice for
the user.

My question, could this present problems?

The other item is Updates.
My initial thought is to make a panel icon (near the clock) for the
update manager.
AFAIK there is no systray icon for update-manager...
In order to automatically pop-up updates we would need to start
update-manager each time the user logs in.  This will consume much more RAM.

My solution to having everything startup would be to ask the user when
they first log in.  So, we could put a script that pops open a window
asking the user if they want to enable some basic things.

do you want a battery monitor?  do you want a volume applet? do you want
to manually update, or have updates pop up? etc...

We have talked about doing a welcome screen before, and I think it would
be easy to do if we add a startup to the .jwmrc file and then simply
remove it.  In order to do this effectively I will need to do some
editing of the theme changer.  I might need to simply change the current
file, rather than copy over another.  This would allow us to preserve
the background, and autostart, and keyboard shortcuts "easily"....

-Israel
ToriOS Team