Re: updated OBI (better select-part2) [was Re: Icons]

Den 2015-05-03 14:29, Israel skrev:
> On 05/02/2015 03:34 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Den 2015-05-02 19:03, Israel skrev:
>> 4. The desktop program 'OBI HELP' needs installation of evince to work
>> for me. Maybe evince should be in a recommended package of obi-installer.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
> Hi again,
> I forgot to address this one :)
> I modified the obi-readme file
> it now looks specifically for evince or xpdf
> Once it finds the existent one it uses it to open.
> previously I was using xdg-open
> if neither are installed it complains and exits.
>
> xpdf | evince
>
> is in the dependencies, so it should install xpdf by default.
> xdg-open is not always as reliable of a method as I would like :)
>
> I will rebuild OBI and then soon the ToriOS iso.
>
> I have a few things I *need* to fix in the settings manager before I do
> that though...

OK, and good luck :-)

I'm looking forward to the next iso file.

By the way, I developed the OBI-installer in my 'production
environment', Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, in my HP workstation, in parallell
with an installed ToriOS system in my Toshiba laptop. Then I tested it
in a persistent live instance of ToriOS - did some final tweaks and
uploaded the tarball.

So it is tested in three environments, but only by me. It is likely that
you and Jack Trice will find some silly bug :-D