Re: mkusb icons (was Re: OBI)

Hi Israel,
[inline]

Den 2015-05-18 14:27, Israel skrev:
> On 05/18/2015 12:09 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Hi Israel,

>> But now, that I have seen so clearly, what I am supposed to provide as a
>> developer (concerning icons), I'll try to make mkusb like that. So I
>> install two icons,
>>
>> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/mkusb.svg
>> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/mkusb.png
>>
>> This is tested now in the unstable PPA
>>
>> -----
>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/unstable
>> sudo apt-get update
>> sudo apt-get install mkusb
> ToriOS uses:
> sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:mkusb/ppa
> Should I be using unstable?
> Wont these changes be ported into this PPA?
> AFAIK this would be a great thing to port back to stable.
> Then ToriOS will simply get the new updates just fine.
> When upgrading the package it will remove the old icons and install the
> new ones automatically.

Yes, this is the intention, but I would like you to try it (and I want
to try it in some different environments) before pushing it into mkusb's
stable PPA. This change might introduce a bug into mkusb - it should be
tested by more than one person before relying on it.

>> # if you want mkusb-nox
>> sudo apt-get install mkusb-nox
>>
>> # or if you want both mkusb and mkusb-nox
>> sudo apt-get install mkusb mkusb-nox
>> -----
>>
>> If you have changed so much in ToriOS (from Ubuntu), that
>>
>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/unstable
> No, this will work, I have not changed that much.
> ToriOS is only (at this point now) a collection of packages.
> Well.. I do change some minor things (hostname, lsb_release file, other
> minor cosmetic things)
> But all the same apt sources apply :)

If you have both PPAs (the stable and the unstable), the newer version
from the unstable PPA will be installed. You can test it whichever way
you want, but you should use the stable PPA for the released version, so
to avoid forgetting it and releasing ToriOS with the unstable PPA, I
suggest that you test it manually and temporarily (not changing the
configuration in your scripts).