Re: custom tarballs

Hi again Israel and Jack,

- Tarball created with ToriOS (current beta, May24)

- Installed with ToriOS (current beta, May24)

Again it works to create a tarball and make a working system from that
tarball, this time a system with the kernel 3.13 (and the HWE stack from
trusty) plus the two 3.2 kernels with and without PAE.

So the installed system (as is) works, for example nm-applet and the
shutdown menu. But as I reported earlier, if I install the OBI-installer
into this system, it does not work (not with the tarballs created
earlier (in the ToriOS live session) and not with tarballs created in
the same system. The created system (in the next turn) cannot manage
nm-applet and the shutdown meny.

-o-

- Tarball created with ToriOS (the old favourite, May16)

- Installed with ToriOS (the old favourite, May16)

As we all know, it works to use the built-in tarball, but this system
does not work at all to create a tarball from the system with the kernel
3.13 (and the HWE stack from trusty) plus the two 3.2 kernels with and
without PAE. I tried three times with slightly different methods, but
zmktbl was stuck (and I had to hard reset it, not even SysRq REISUB worked).

I don't know what happened, and maybe it is not really important,
because the newer version works better. But I do know that it is hard to
understand exactly what happens when using chroot.

-o-

I made an OEM system (user oem, computer name oem) which seems to create
problems for the OBI-installer while my own version of the OBI for
precise works with it. (Also the standard OBI in Lubuntu Trusty works
with such systems.) This system has the two 3.2 kernels with and without
PAE and I will add fake-pae before uploading the tarball to Phill's
server. I will install geany and evince too, but nothing big.

- It works to use the OEM mechanism and nm-applet works.

- The shutdown menu works correctly when I select the JWM session, but
not in the ToriOS session. There is also a plain grey Openbox session,
that works as it should. Openbox is necessary for the OEM mechanism to work.

See the attached file.