From: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 14:24:22 +0000
CC: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxx; ruzekle@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Torios-dev] First Quick Observations:RE:  Debian ISO

Hi Israel,
obi-installer.log file attached.
JackT.

Subject: Re: First Quick Observations:RE: [Torios-dev] Debian ISO
To: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxx
CC: nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx; ruzekle@xxxxxxxxx; torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 08:09:32 -0600

    Hi Jack!

      (inlines)

      On 01/22/2016 04:06 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:

        Hi Israel,

        Installed in VB:

        1) The OBI install progress box is back in the centre again
          and is overlayed by all the other pop up boxes; we had moved
          that to the bottom before, I think.

    hmm.  I don't get that on mine.  It is moved to the bottom AFAIK...
    but I will look into it.

    I recently added a feature to save the install log to the user's
    $HOME.

    So check to see if that log is in your $HOME IIRC it is called
    obi-installer.log

    Send it my way if you would sir.

    This will help me look at the issue for #5 (Locale) in your other
    e-mail as well

        2) On booting there is a 'start job is running for
          dev-disk-by\' message that delays for 1m30s and then
          continues.

    This happened because the cdrom line is listed on the base OS
    /etc/fstab  (at least AFAIK)

    So this should be fixed when I create the new ISO.  SystemD is a
    different kind of thing all together.

        3) No well known browser installed.

    Yeah, and the ISO is over CD size... SystemD stuff takes up a lot
    more room somehow :(

    Not sure if I can slim the liveISO down more or not, to install a
    browser.  It might be good to add this to the firstboot dialog,
    right?

    Maybe offer a dialog with a choice of browsers

    Firefox

    Chrome

    Seamonkey

    Qupzilla

    Midori

    Dillo

    Opera

    (any others?)

        4) The panel volumeicon seems to always launch 'muted'.

    I find this is the case in my VM usually.  I don't think that this
    is the case for real machines.

        Welcome back.

    Yeah, thanks.  It took a while to get over the huge hurdles moving
    everything to Debian.

    These issues are minor compared to what I was initially dealing
    with!

        Cheers,
        JackT.