Could you test the basic method on hardware if you have time, and see if the menu persists?

Either way I modified a few things. I think part of the issue was an error in another script, possibly causing JWM to stop reading things (nice-start was tring to log somewhere I didn't intend). I also modified an issue with a 'broken pipe' jwm-places was having... which also caused an error which may have been messing up JWM.

I will test things here and let you know. I will update the packages and then modify an OBI script in the live session to update to the newest versions.... actually it might be a good idea to make a script to 'update the system' prior to installing just in case we need to make further fixes, the Ubuntu installer asks this question of the users as well.

On 07/01/2016 02:25 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
Hi Israel,

Also the 'Reload Desktop' effects don't persist over a reboot; just fyi.

JackT.

Subject: Re: Install Testing: RE: [Torios-dev] New ISO
To: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx
From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:19:13 -0500

Hi Jack, I just tested and found this as well.
The same is true of the places menu.
I am not entirely sure why this happens.... :(
Anyhow, I think this can be addressed soon.
I will check the update menus script.
I suppose I could add a one liner into the jwmrc that will fix and remove itself.
not entirely sure why this has issues occasionally.

I might add a double update for menus in order to accomplish that.

It might be worth trying to install, and then run update menus in the chroot to see if it works. I will let you know.