Re: ISOmaker

Den 2016-07-07 kl. 21:58, skrev Israel:
On 07/07/2016 04:12 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2016-07-07 kl. 05:12, skrev Israel:

Sounds nice, but I guess it is more complicated than it looks at first.

What infrastructure is necessary?
- Which host operating system?
- Where should it be located?
- Which extra program packages are necessary?
- Where should the tarball be located?
- ...

Hi Nio,
It really is not much more complicated than that.
You need to be running Ubuntu, though Debian OR Mint might work.  I
began work on trying to get it to work with Arch, but so far I have not
completely figured that one out.
You should clone the repository into a directory you like.
I have mine in $HOME
So if you run the git clone command it will automatically create an
ISOmaker directory in your $PWD
then cd into it and run the commands.
The extra packages will be downloaded when you run it (deboostrap, lzma,
syslinux etc...)
Put the tarball into your ISOmaker directory.
For each of the commands (ISOmaker, mkISO, UpdateTarball) you can run
the program as is.  There is a help screen (via -? -h or --help) that
shows the usage.
For example you can run it those with:
--arch i386 --release jessie
though those are the defaults.

I may add an option in the near future to specify the tarball on the
command line, as well as all the other internal variables, and even be
able to specify custom chroot scripts... but until then all you get is
the default with minor modifications.

If you need help feel free to contact me.

Thank you Israel!