Re: tweak for link /tarballs when persistence by mkusb

Den 2016-07-05 kl. 18:24, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Den 2016-07-05 kl. 18:05, skrev Israel:
Hi Nio,

(This should not affect ToriOS based on Ubuntu, at least not yet, but
who knows in the future.)

Nio, this does effect ToriOS based on Ubuntu when they use the newer
ISOLINUX.
So, AFAIK Trusty and Xenial are both effected by this

Please remind me to check deeper into it, when you have a new Ubuntu
version of a ToriOS iso file ready :-P

Hi again Israel,

I checked today with the latest Ubuntu based iso file I could find

$ ls -l ToriOS-delta.iso
-rw------- 1 nio nio 727158784 nov 21  2015 ToriOS-delta.iso

$ md5sum ToriOS-delta.iso
50c69a4cc930dec1a4c20f8a9a852e91  ToriOS-delta.iso

and it is still working to make a persistent live drive with mkusb - it will find the tarball. Both in the live and the installation the installed system the kernel is

$ uname -a
Linux torios 3.2.0-94-generic #134-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 18:17:08 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

so I am rather sure, that it really is a Ubuntu based system.

-o-

But still, things may change, so please remind me to check deeper into it, when you have a new Ubuntu version of a ToriOS iso file ready :-P