From: Torios-dev <torios-dev-bounces+jackdtrice=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 19 February 2017 17:59
To: Israel; torios- dev
Subject: Re: [Torios-dev] ToriOS 2.0

Den 2017-02-16 kl. 14:48, skrev Nio Wiklund:
> Den 2017-02-15 kl. 20:32, skrev Israel:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> JWM settings manager needs to be tested.
>>
>> I have been out of the loop for a bit, we have had a bout of sickness
>> here (lots of people in my area have gotten sick, it has been rough.  My
>> Grandfather also passed recently, after a long and very full life.  So I
>> will still be out of the loop for a bit, but I just wanted to check in
>> and say, please test things.  Test every little bit of the settings
>> manager you can.
>>
>> Things I want:
>>
>> Details!  Please tell me if something is unclear or hard to do.
>>
>> UI reporting! Please tell me if the UI is better looking and easy to
>> understand, or if it makes things harder, or unclear.
>>
>> I tried to make things smaller and more compact for low resolution
>> screens (which often exist on our target devices).  But if I made things
>> less clear please inform me, and I will work to remedy it.
>>

>> If there is anything in the ToriOS packages that does not work, please
>> let me know and I will try to address it in the coming weeks.
>>

>> Thanks everyone.
>
> Hi Israel,
>
> Please tell us how to start this test:
>
> - which iso file to download/zsync, and/or
>
> - what commands to run
>
> in order to get the program packages, that you want us to test.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Israel,

You have not answered yet. Today I searched for new iso files, but did
not find anything made this year.

I started from ToriOS-1.0.iso and updated-upgraded. I also copied mkusb
version 12.0.4 from the unstable ppa to the stable one 'ppa'. So ToriOS
should grab it when updating-upgrading from now on.

Ugrading mkusb 11 --> 12 needs

sudo apt-get -f install

due to changes in the configuration of the deb package, so it would be
good to provide a new iso file with a new tarball with mkusb version 12.

It works now to right-click and select 'open with' and then 'system
tools' and then 'guidus' or 'mkusb' to open iso files. I could make it
'standard' too :-)

-o-

*Please test the settings manager*

I did not find anything else that is new compared to what I tested last
time (which was quite recently). I would recommend all ToriOS developers
and users to test the newest version of the settings manager - the more
people who test, the better chance to find and fix bugs :-)

I understand that you are very busy with real life issues, Israel. When
can we expect to get a new iso file and/or a new tarball to test?

Post to     : torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx