Re: AddDesktopItemsBug:Re: ToriOS 2.0

On 02/22/2017 03:18 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:

> Hi Israel,
>

> I have an up-to-date Debian jessie ToriOS installed in VB.
>

> Problem: right-click on desktop -> click on 'Add New Items to Desktop'
> does nothing (for me).
>

> As such, I see no (obvious, easy) way of adding Shortcuts to the desktop.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jack

Hi Jack,

This is indeed a bug, but I am not entirely sure how to fix it.

The issue is that I caused this issue by moving to the jwmrc script
based tools, because jwm-settings-manager was not working.  But now I
have a working jwm-settings-manager which includes desktop-file-editor
which can almost fully edit desktop files (does not support Unity's
[Desktop Action *] items) but does support all the freedesktop
standards  for desktop files.

So.... I need to modify the user's jwmrc file.

The best way to do this is using xslt or I could use sed I suppose...

I will work something out and fix this asap..

Until then you can run desktop-file-editor

I have a desktop file for this, but I will change the NoDisplay to False

This way it will show up in the menus.

Thanks for bringing this up Jack, I definitely appreciate your
consistent help with ToriOS, you have helped make it much better!