Re: download page

Hi Paul
(inlines below)
On 04/09/2018 10:02 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Further to this the following settings seem to work better
>
>     HEIGHT    WIDTH
> TOP    32    0
> BOTTOM    32    0
> LEFT    500    40
> RIGHT    500    40

So, 40px works well for you, I can use that as my default for width on
the sides... I use 0 (which means fit everything) so it looks rather odd.
However with my experimentation using smaller sizes cut off words.
I might post a bug for JWM to see if I can get text under buttons when
it the panel is oriented on the side.
That is probably the best fix
Can you run
xrandr | grep '*'
So I can see your display geometry.

> for left / right,  the issue may be that I have a netbook and
> thereofre a 10" screen is not ideal for placing the panel on the left
> or right.  So this could be the cause of some of my issues.
>
> If people can test on larger screens 14" + and then report back to you.
>
> However I'll experiment more with settings.  The issue seems to be
> when at the top / bottom it says (Icon: Text)  so when at the side it
> still has icon: text so the panel needs to be wide enough from the
> side to fit it in,

right... so I should file a bug with Joe, I'll do this