FLTK migration progress (app building)

Hi all,

I have looked a many apps lately, and decided to make a full featured
text editor I would just make one, because most of them are simply based
on the FLTK text editor tutorial.

Things that work:

It has a tabbed interface, because that is important for small screens.

Things that need work:

resizing the app doesn't instantly resize the actual editing portion of
the program (it is nested in tabs and groups, so setting everything to
resizable had no effect.. though I have a hacky workaround for a window
handler function in mind)

Syntax highlighting... this is a bit complicated since the text editor
does not store the syntax highlighting.  It is an additional text buffer
that I have not fully figured out a great way of creating and keeping
track of... AFAIK there is no way to retrieve the highlighting data,
though I have asked on the FLTK group for insight.

Other things that work, and I may have already mentioned in an earlier
e-mail.

the about us dialog (works great!)

the power-management dialogs (work fine too, though they use system()
calls rather than building a systemd/dbus interface)

the run dialog

the askpass dialog

the battery and volume indicators

so only a few MAJOR things left for our end of things, and then we need
to look into the GTK programs we include that we could replace

Thanks for your patience, programming is quite fun!