fltk-dialog + di + eliminating GTK (possibly)

Hi all,

a while ago Faraco brought fltk-dialog
<https://github.com/darealshinji/fltk-dialog/> to my attention, I have
recently been investigating it, and the capabilities of it, and also
built a preliminary package (which works fine).  Here is my report:

The upsides:

Seemingly complete compatibility with the other popular dialogs such as
zenity/yad/dialog/Xdialog/etc.. but with a argument syntax similar to
zenity/yad

The downsides:

It is a bit large (1.8 MiB) since it statically links a slightly
modified version of a more recent FLTK (1.3.4)

It is possible to rework the program to remake things to avoid patching
FLTK and using a static library (by making extended classes rather than
patching the code) AFAIK, and perhaps get upstream FLTK devs on board
and include the changes.  Currently it supports indicator icons via
using GTK libs, but not the entire library, and I have suggested using
code similar to mine for the indicators.

Basically I think we could convert our tools (mkusb/OBI/etc..) to use
fltk-dialog and save a lot of space if we can completely migrate away
from GTK, though the main issue here will be PCManFM.  It would be
really great to have a fully non GTK DE that rivals the GTK LXDE and can
easily run on older hardware in very strong and clean way.

This will require some serious thought, and as Ali and Nio discussed
earlier it might be time to look into using di (Debian Installer) to
install ToriOS, rather than OBI, since things have changed.  We could
(potentially) make an FLTK front end, though this is a rather imposing
idea since most Debian docs about their internal tools are rather lame
(such as apt-pkg).

Either way Debian turned 25 today (16 Aug) so that is exciting :D

I'd appreciate feedback about these ideas