Re: torios-binary update

On 2/7/19 5:21 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> On 07/02/2019 08:54, Paul Sutton wrote:

>>> Hi Israel,
>>>
>>> Thanks for improving Torios and for keeping us updated :-)
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>>>
>> Cool,  I will run
>>
>> apt update && apt upgrade
>>
>> to pull in the latest changes.
>>
>> Keep up the good work :)
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Just thought , before I do this how do I direct the output from the
> above to a file
>
> i think it is something like apt update && apt upgrade  ??
>> updatelog.txt where the ?? is for directing it to a file at the same
> time as echoing to a screen.
>
> I can then send you the update log.
>
> I am guessing if I need to add -y to both update and upgrade. so it just
> gets on with it.
>
> It will be easier then trying to manually copy / paste the output from
> inside a terminal window,  and if I ever need to do this from a console
> then I can.
>

> Paul

Hey Paul,

The redirection is to use:

command  | tee

Also,  we have a tool called torios-packagetool you can use

torios-packagetool upgrade | tee updatelog.txt

This tool does both update and upgrade.  It also works on distros other
than Debian (such as Arch, Fedora, Suse, etc...)

The torios-core torios-desktop packages might not be fully uploaded yet,
so look for revision 488:

torios-core - 0.98.1ubuntu2-*488*~ubuntu