Re: Installing TorioS -report 9/4/2019 - more info

On 09/04/2019 15:49, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On 09/04/2019 15:37, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Just made a fresh install of ToriOS on my netbook, so I can try and
>> document the process for the manual (struggling with virtual machines a
>> little, so it is a direct install)
>>
>> During the process, on the set password screen I tried to use paul as
>> the user and paul as the password (for quickness during install) it said
>> I needed a min 6 characters for the password,  Perhaps when asking for
>> the password
>>
>> Comments
>>
>> 1.  Perhaps when asking for the user to set a password the dialogue
>> should say Min 6 characters.
>>
>> 2.  As this is 2019,  six seems rather short, so perhaps the min length
>> should be at least a min of 8 characters.
>>
>> Other issues / comments
>>
>> 1. On the boot screen it has 3 of the small box things as the progress
>> bar,  Would it be a good idea to display the ToriOS logo here too.
>> Makes the screen look nicer.
>>
>> 2. I have rebooted and my keyboard does not seem to be working so can't
>> login, have switched off and it still isn't working,  however it works
>> fine at the boot screen when I select what to load up.  so moved the bar
>> down then back up to ToriOS.  I can click on the login button.  I assume
>> the characters are masked out with dots or *s.  I can't even do
>> ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a console.
>>
>> 3.  I found the locales thing really baffling, as to what to actually
>> choose,  I did find en-gb iso-8859-1.  Which is meaningless to me,  We
>> need a section that really explains this in plain language in the
>> manual.    I don't get asked about locales with Debian or don't seem to.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Paul
>
> Further to this, I have tried different kernel options on the advanced
> menu to no avail.
>
> The keyboard clearly works for running live, otherwise I would be unable
> to select menu options other than with the mouse, so somewhere between
> rebooting from the live / installer and booting to the OS on the hard
> disk, the keyboard stops working.
>
> Paul

Further to this,  plugging in a USB keyboard has the same effect it
isn't picked up,  maybe I need to re-install and select a different
keyboard driver.

Which would perhaps indicate a possible issue with the one I selected.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net