Current software goals

Hi!

I will try to keep it short.

If anyone is interested in looking at some of the mockups or giving input into designs for the UX/UI please e-mail!

I would like to finalize design of the UI before making the full interface.  If anyone thinks the panel should move to bottom on desktop, for example, we should discuss it.  The top panel is similar enough to {Android + Windows} that it still seems to make the most sense to me.

If anyone is interested in discussing the mechanics behind the dynamic interface ideas, or wants input please e-mail!  It is still very experimental idea stage code at this point and subject to change.

I have almost reached the design point to make the Menu portion of the xdgkit library.  If anyone knows about menu implementations, such as Open Box, and would like support for menu generation in the future let me know and I will work with you to make it happen!  I have a few details to decide for before I start committing code to the page, as I will have to modify the current sketched out version heavily anyway.

Rust runs very quick code compared to my C++ code for similar operations, so I am hopeful a full XDG menu could run for JWM in much less time than it did using any previous version.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in how long it takes to do this in your spare time.

--
😷