Update

Hi everyone,

I have been spending a lot of time with Rust and FLTK.  There are still some issues I am facing using xml + serde, but I have made a lot of progress.

I am currently working on a number of projects.

I am rewriting all the original `torios-binary` programs in Rust.

Finished: flaskpass, flabout, flrun which I added a terminal (the simple fltk terminal) into it for command output

The hardest to finish will be flpad, the text editor but I have made a lot of progress on it

I am also trying to write in support for dynamic automatic layouts, based on the size of the screen.  This would change how toolbars appear, and how menus appear, etc.  It is still WIP, but will be extremely useful on small screens like the Pinephone.

I have also rebooted JWM Settings Manager, but will offer support for other window managers, I already have some of the backend code for openbox in place.

I am also working on `xdgkit` which is a DE independant way of doing all the normal Desktop Environment stuff.  The main hurdle to finishing this is the serde + XML issue I am facing, due to multiple out-of-order elements.  However I already have full support for reading .desktop files, as well as finding an icon.  I will eventually try to support all the XDG standards.

Once xdgkit menu file support is fully functional I can couple it with the window manager support to create window manager specific menu files.

When I completely finish the torios-binary programs I will post to the main list, and give instructions for others who are interested in testing them out.

Thanks for reading!  Hope you are well!

--
😷

Follow ups