Re: website test

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:32:08 +0400
Ali Linx <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why the double work?
>
> The missing chain is: Artwork.
> Do we have Artwork yet?
> The answer is NO.
>
> Having that said, you guys will have to re-do whatever you are doing now
> because there is no Artwork yet.
> While I highly trust each one of you, I wish you do trust me as well.
> When I ask nicely to wait, then you need to wait.

(...)

> Without the Artwork: Official Logo, Official Theme (for the website),
> Colors, Wallpaper, etc ... whatever we are doing right now, will be
> re-done again.

Hi Ali,

I will here after express a few points which I feel I need to. And this expresses my
opinion only, I don't know what the other members of the group already shaped will think
of it.

> Of course, I know nothing about web design.

This would be the main point. I have so far read from 2 people who have knowledge in
artwork and are indeed starting to work on it, and one of them talked about someone else
who he knows who could join.

And there are also at least 3 people who know how to code websites and therefore won't
need to take a lot of time once artwork ready, in order to modify the website forum and
so on. It's just a matter of modifying slightly the CSS and adding some images in one of
the sub-site directory.

The shape and the content being split each on it's side, a web designer can always
reshape the look and feel of the websites he builds easily, and leave the content alone
if it doesn't need to be modified. The opposite is true, once the skin fully finished
then the content can be changed without modifying the skin.

I agree with them doing what is for them the fastest part : the reason is that doing
so, we can all see the new project really launched (and in very little time show it to
the rest of the world), we can see the work in progress, and most important, we are about
to have a dedicated forum where William can organize, among else, a contest for the
Artwork !!! \o/ \o/ \o/

Then the artists can let their imagination spread because they know there is a place
where everybody will be able to see and comment easily !!! And vote !!! And that is very
very very greaaaat!!!!!! :D

Thanks for your work around organization! Keep on taking care and resting!!!

Best regards,
Mélodie

--

Linuxvillage