Re: website test

On 01/18/2014 07:58 PM, William wrote:
The website so far. Pardon the graininess of the top left logo. I woke up early with an idea that led to a series of major overhauls and I was burnt out by the time I got that far. But as promised, I am putting this up today. You will also notice the text in the navigation is slightly out of alignment. Perfectly fixable, but I wanted to get this up while I had the chance since I'm sure if I will be around to mess with it anymore today.

All of the pages currently have the same content. Real content, especially for the front page, is on the way - I just needed a place holder. Also pardon the Latin placeholder text.

All of the items in the navigation are placeholders. While a few of them are a must, we need to determine what sub pages we actually need. This will determine the actual content that needs developed.

I have tested the site in Chrome, Firefox, and Midori at 1600x900(16:9), 1280x1024(5:4) and 1280x960(4:3)

As it stands, the navigation vertically stacks itself if the window becomes to small.

Keep in mind:

We also have a documentation wiki at wiki.torios.org and a forum at forums.torios.org/index.php. If we are going to be using the forums I am not yet sure if I am going to create a but as an external link up with the social media icons, or directly integrate it into the website, and therefor navigation. If we go with the forums we will need moderators.

Here you go:

http://www.torios.org/test/demo/index.html

Hi,

Thank you so much for your work and everything has been done so far.

But, don't everyone here think there is a very basic yet very important missing part?

I have asked before to slow down but it seems no one is listening to me :(
While, again, I do and highly appreciate all the efforts and this great team work spirit, I still feel sad that no one is listening to me.

Why the double work?

The missing chain is: Artwork.
Do we have Artwork yet?
The answer is NO.

Having that said, you guys will have to re-do whatever you are doing now because there is no Artwork yet. While I highly trust each one of you, I wish you do trust me as well. When I ask nicely to wait, then you need to wait.

I have talked to Rafael, Lubuntu Artwork Team Leader and as always, he is interested to help, I just need to keep reminding him and be pain on his neck.

I do hate to see anyone of you burns out. Why? because for 3 days now, I can't do anything except replying emails and can't even read other emails. You have to trust me, please!

I can't give any feedback now. We haven't decided yet what Logo we shall use and consider as 'official' rather just for fun.
We haven't yet decided the 'basic'.

WE are doing great job, NO DOUBT about it. However, we are 'not' doing it the right way, we are not following the right and correct order.

Artwork >> Website >> Social Media

Without the Artwork: Official Logo, Official Theme (for the website), Colors, Wallpaper, etc ... whatever we are doing right now, will be re-done again.

Of course, I know nothing about web design. I have www.amjjawad.net which is my personal website but it is 'not' yet ready. The admin of the website is super busy and while the registration has been done ages ago, I didn't yet use it. So, I don't want to act smart here at all. Maybe changing themes on the website won't take 5 mins? I have no clue. But I am just saying, it is better to do it step by step :)

I know you will hate me for this (all of you) but I am trying to be honest and direct. I could be wrong. I could be so tired. Perhaps I should not be here right now.

Keep it up everyone!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad