Re: ToriOS Project

Hello JM,

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 10:21 PM, JM <meets@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Le dimanche 02 février 2014 à 21:42 +0400, Ali Linx (amjjawad) a écrit :
> Ops, I forgot to mention:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx
> >wrote:
> >
> > Anyone who is not happy with the direction of this project or think I am
> > > bad leader, he/she is free to express his/her feelings, that is for
> sure. I
> > > definitely do respect each and every opinion. However, I do trust my
> > > experience and skills and my Wiki Page can give a bit of example of
> what I
> > > have achieved so far :)
>

> Hi,
>
> Do you sometimes answer directly to the people's mails when the content
> bothers you?
>

> About your achievements, you seem to be mostly good at putting up wikis,
> gathering people,
> and impulsing energy (sometimes perhaps too much).

I highly suggest to  re-read my Wiki carefully as what you have mentioned
is a very little bit of what I do ;)

> > @Everyone
> > > I am the founder of this project and I have no plans to step down.
> > > You're welcome to carry on. You're welcome to step down or leave. This
> is
> > > your call and I have no control over your decision.
>
> Ok. This is your decision.

Indeed :)

> > Thank you for everything so far :)
>
> >Please, reply with:
> >
> > "I am IN" = if you're interested to carry on.
> >
> > "I am OUT" = if you're not interested.
>

> I can also show some of my achievements. I had presented most of them to
> you in a private
> mail a pair of weeks ago. Then, you just said the mail was very long and
> you couldn't
> take the time to read it. Well I had taken the time to write it, so you
> could have marked
> it for later reading and taken the time to read a mail coming from the
> person you were
> giving the responsibility of the development.

If someone 'fails' to explain him/her self in few words, and sends a huge
long email and 'force' people to go though all that newsletter despite the
endless nice request to Keep It Simple And SHORT, well, sorry but I did
read it indeed and was LOST and I admit, I didn't reply back to the same
email but I am sure I have stated that the email was super long :) sorry if
I didn't explain myself better. If you want to be successful, you need to
'learn' how to KISS. Just a free advice.

> The latest:
> http://linuxvillage.org/en/2013/11/bento-ubuntu-remix-rc/
>
> and going back in time:
> http://meylodie.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/pclinuxos-bonsai-en/
>
> http://meylodie.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/pclinuxos-education-en-2/
>
> http://linuxvillage.org/Downloads/ISOS/PCLinuxOS_En/
>
> http://linuxvillage.org/Downloads/ISOS/PCLinuxOS_Fr/
>
> The quality of these spinoffs is known by a few people who are still using
> it.
>

> Someone else from the present team was also waiting for your answer at a
> sub forum put up
> specifically to talk about how all this would be driven, but you didn't
> care about
> putting your mouse on that link and about answering to his questions.
> Again: ???

What link and what email? Have you ever thought to check the forum before
you attack me personally?
The domain is down and as I said, it seems someone has put my
amjjawad@xxxxxxxxxx off as I can't see any new messages on my inbox. I am
sending this from amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx in case you didn't notice.

http://forums.torios.org/

The domain name you have entered is not available. It has been taken down
because the email address of the domain holder (Registrant) has not been
verified.

If you are the Registrant of this domain name, please contact your domain
registration service provider to complete the verification and activate the
domain name.

*NOTE:* It may take upto 48 hours after verification for the domain name to
start resolving to its website again.

Please, before attacking someone, get your facts correctly ;)

> All the above projects have been achieved through simple participation on
> one or two
> single threads on a forum, and new ISOs where created sometimes several
> times a day, and
> uploaded every two or three days so that the testers and the artists could
> work directly
> on them.

> You have _your ways_ which I don't understand quite well.

Yes, I have my 'own' way and I like it :)
If you fail to understand my way, don't blame me please. Everyone has
his/her own way. I do respect your way, do respect mine. Can't cope with
it? feel free to state your opinion nicely :) can't do that? just don't
create a drama out of nothing, please.

> I was ready to offer
> the result of my work and some new basis as a start for something more
> finished, nothing
> more, nothing less.

Not really. You were doing your best to 'force' your own style and
copy-paste Bento into another name which is ToriOS. When you found out that
I didn't really like what you're trying to achieve and despite how many
times I have asked nicely to take it easy and let's have a vote for what WE
do want, you kept sending LONG emails and kept ignoring me. Sorry dear
friend, I do dislike this attitude and I don't really want to carry on with
such way. Sorry :)
While I appreciate your attempt to help, the approach was wrong. But hey,
it happens - no hard feeling. I am fine :) hope you too :)

> I am not willing to use my time through your methods and  *I am OUT*, as I
> stated in the
> former mail to the list and to you

Was nice to have many chat with you :)
Kindly remove yourself from the Launchpad Team:

https://launchpad.net/~torios

Good luck with Bento Project :)

> (Subject: Re: [Torios] Test - Melodie's message -
> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:51:27 +0100), and I wish you good luck.