Re: [Website] Testing the website on Smart Phone

On 02/07/2014 10:42 AM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 02/07/2014 07:46 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have tested our website from Blackberry OS 7.1 and Sony Xperia and Samsung Android (latest - not sure which version) and everything was fine. On Blackberry, the browser didn't read the Japanese word but I guess that because the languages are not fully installed.

Just thought to let you know about that :)

I might test that on Windows (IE, Chrome and Firefox).

Thanks!

Hi again,

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that the button (News, Wiki, Forum, Download) when I browsed our website on a smart phone, these buttons were so close with no space between them and that was on the Android system where there is no cursor like Blackberry.

Nothing urgent, just a feedback :D

Ok, I am resizing the buttons, and I will tweak the navigation bar a bit.

@Ali can you send me an svg version of that file? I want to scale the size down a bit, and make a gif (for IE and phones that have trouble with SVG)... though I may simply use some sort of font for the Alt text, and some CSS instead... but we do not even have the actual logo.... so those considerations are for later..

It is weird that the character didn't show up properly... I will work around it if I can... I suppose <meta charset="utf-8"> doesn't work as well on some OS... I will see if there is an online font I can use to support it that I can include.

Windows Chrome and Firefox will be the same as GNU/Linux... it is that Trident engine of IE that doesn't comply with the standards. IE is going to be the reason to use Windows.... though... I suppose when the site is in a 'beta' stage it will be good to test it everywhere. I have an XP VM, that I can test IE on (the whole reason I have an XP VM actually)

Thanks for the quick feedback!