Re: [Website] Testing the website on Smart Phone

On 02/07/2014 09:13 PM, Israel wrote:
On 02/07/2014 10:42 AM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 02/07/2014 07:46 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have tested our website from Blackberry OS 7.1 and Sony Xperia and Samsung Android (latest - not sure which version) and everything was fine. On Blackberry, the browser didn't read the Japanese word but I guess that because the languages are not fully installed.

Just thought to let you know about that :)

I might test that on Windows (IE, Chrome and Firefox).

Thanks!

Hi again,

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that the button (News, Wiki, Forum, Download) when I browsed our website on a smart phone, these buttons were so close with no space between them and that was on the Android system where there is no cursor like Blackberry.

Nothing urgent, just a feedback :D

Ok, I am resizing the buttons, and I will tweak the navigation bar a bit.

Last time I checked, it looks much better than before. Well done :)

One note though:
On Chromium and Firefox, the text on the buttons is yellow. I guess that after I click it. Before, I click, it is black.

I suggest to keep it either black or white with or without a click. I don't know how to explain that but the current color is not clear. Please see the attached file.

@Ali can you send me an svg version of that file? I want to scale the size down a bit, and make a gif (for IE and phones that have trouble with SVG)... though I may simply use some sort of font for the Alt text, and some CSS instead... but we do not even have the actual logo.... so those considerations are for later..
I am sorry, totally lost here. What file? the StartUbuntu banner? I don't have the SVG for the StartUbuntu Banner if that is what you mean. Can you save the file as SVG?

It is weird that the character didn't show up properly... I will work around it if I can... I suppose <meta charset="utf-8"> doesn't work as well on some OS... I will see if there is an online font I can use to support it that I can include.
Don't worry about that, it is my phone that has no language support - I did not install the Asian Languages.

Windows Chrome and Firefox will be the same as GNU/Linux... it is that Trident engine of IE that doesn't comply with the standards. IE is going to be the reason to use Windows.... though... I suppose when the site is in a 'beta' stage it will be good to test it everywhere.
I have Windows 7 that I keep for testing something if someone asks me to do that. Otherwise, what does Windows mean? oh yes, the thing that I am converting to Linux for 33 people so far in real life ... yes yes :P hehe

I have an XP VM, that I can test IE on (the whole reason I have an XP VM actually)
Yep, it helps sometime ;)

I will try to test that on Windows 7 and IE (I don't use both, I need to take a deep breath hhaha).

Thanks for the quick feedback!

No, thanks for you and everyone for the hard work. I am not doing anything special. I wish I could help more.

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad