Re: Reminder: Highly Urgent Task

On 02/12/2014 08:14 AM, Israel wrote:
On 02/11/2014 02:51 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 02/11/2014 11:58 PM, joern.schoenyan@xxxxxx wrote:
Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014, 23:54:05 schrieb Ali Linx:
On 02/11/2014 10:21 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hello everyone,

Kindly treat this Email as Top and High Priority :)

Please note there is no other task, as of now, that is more important
than this:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios/+spec/de-wm

We do need to move forward ASAP!

Again, please treat this as the one and only very high priority and
everything else can wait.

Thank you!

P.S.
Hint: Here is how to find out what task is on high priority and which
one is less priority: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios
+Jörn Schönyan <https://plus.google.com/106068005741725699939> has
shared his tests result on Facebook so I am sharing it here:

"The screenshot shows Debian Testing with JWM, running with 32 Megs of
RAM (30 Megs when measured on tty2). This is net-install of Debian
Testing, JWM and X. And just the most important tools: htop, nano,
xterm. No File Manager and No Network Manager but no big deal"

See the attached screenshot :)

This is very interesting :D?

@Jorn
I am sending this on your behalf so please add more information if you
have any to share with the team ;)
Thank you, I'm quite busy today :-)
NO :D
THANK YOU for the great work and the great news :D :D :D

@Everyone
Look what Jorn has found :D

http://imghost4you.com/?v=debianjess.png

WOW!!!!!

Hi :)
I get something pretty similar doing almost the same thing on my Power PC. I, however, use ROX for a file manager (and it also handles the desktop icons/background image). So, with ROX, added to the mix, I think we can theme JWM up to be comfortable to Windows Refugees. The hardest part about JWM is configuring the panel, etc... though the file is a simple xml type file...

The whole point is not duplicate the work that one of us has already done :) the point is to try something 'totally' different that what one of us has done.

Jorn tried Debian + JWM so all of us need to try something totally different. Totally different WM.

Last night, Melodie send me this on IRC:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18273&p=1

It might help us :)

JWM was going to be my choice for WM ('DE') too... so I am not sure what to try that will even come close. I suppose IceWM might.... but JWM seems to be the lightest one I have ever used.
Just choose whatever you wish but don't go for JWM :D
Again, the point of these emails is to keep everyone posted about what one of us has chosen so the others can avoid his/her very choice ;)

I have been having some issues making a VM from that ISO... and I can't figure out why.... the LiveCD hangs up after I get to a certain point, and there is no indication of network or HD activity.... Anyone else had that issue?

I don't have any issue with Ubuntu 12.04 Mini ISO and Oracle VM :)
I don't use any media, I just ask the VM to read the ISO as a LiveCV within the VM and that is all. Never had problems.

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad