Re: Reminder: Highly Urgent Task

On 02/12/2014 02:24 AM, jackt@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 02/11/2014 11:20 PM, jackt@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 02/11/2014 02:51 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
On 02/11/2014 11:58 PM, joern.schoenyan@xxxxxx wrote:
Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014, 23:54:05 schrieb Ali Linx:
On 02/11/2014 10:21 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hello everyone,

Kindly treat this Email as Top and High Priority :)

Please note there is no other task, as of now, that is more
important
than this:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios/+spec/de-wm

We do need to move forward ASAP!

Again, please treat this as the one and only very high priority and
everything else can wait.

Thank you!

P.S.
Hint: Here is how to find out what task is on high priority and
which
one is less priority: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/torios
+Jörn Schönyan <https://plus.google.com/106068005741725699939> has
shared his tests result on Facebook so I am sharing it here:

"The screenshot shows Debian Testing with JWM, running with 32 Megs
of
RAM (30 Megs when measured on tty2). This is net-install of Debian
Testing, JWM and X. And just the most important tools: htop, nano,
xterm. No File Manager and No Network Manager but no big deal"

See the attached screenshot :)

This is very interesting :D?

@Jorn
I am sending this on your behalf so please add more information if
you
have any to share with the team ;)
Thank you, I'm quite busy today :-)
NO :D
THANK YOU for the great work and the great news :D :D :D

@Everyone
Look what Jorn has found :D

http://imghost4you.com/?v=debianjess.png

WOW!!!!!

I get something pretty similar doing almost the same thing on my Power
PC.  I, however, use ROX for a file manager (and it also handles the
desktop icons/background image).  So, with ROX, added to the mix, I
think we can theme JWM up to be comfortable to Windows Refugees.  The
hardest part about JWM is configuring the panel, etc...  though the
file
is a simple xml type file...

JWM was going to be my choice for WM ('DE') too... so I am not sure
what
to try that will even come close.  I suppose IceWM might.... but JWM
seems to be the lightest one I have ever used.

I have been having some issues making a VM from that ISO... and I can't
figure out why.... the LiveCD hangs up after I get to a certain point,
and there is no indication of network or HD activity....  Anyone else
had that issue?

Hi Israel,
I had similar hang problems with the 12.04 mini-iso inside VirtualBox
yesterday. It seemed to hang every time at the point where the installer
goes off to download more packages.
JackT.

Hmm... I tried it a few times, and used 2 different computers... I also
checked the md5sum of the image...
I am not sure if I am just unaware of a setting I need in Virtual
Box...  Glad I am not the only one...

Israel,
There are reports of the mini.iso taking up to 90 minutes (max.) to
complete the 'Downloading Installer Components' step in a Virtual
environment...
I retried with the 13.10 flavour, left it and forgot it for an hour, and
lo and behold, it had progressed.
I may go back to the 12.04 version and leave it for an hour or more to see
if it works then...
JackT.

Ok... I guess I will retry it at some point later. I wasn't getting any activity from the Network indicator on the bottom of Virtual Box... so I might let it run, and do its thing while I do something else this evening....