Re: The Technical Side of ToriOS

Am Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2014, 21:10:30 schrieben Sie:
> 2014-05-28 21:04, Jörn Schönyan skrev:

> >> Hi Jörn,
> >>
> >> I'll have a loooong look at this.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Nio
> >
> > Hi Nio, if you have any questions feel free to ask :D
> >
> > I forgot to mention, for me it takes 1-2 hours to remaster the iso (Core
> > i5, third generation with 8GB RAM).
> >
> > Regards, Jörn
>
> Hi,
>
> 1. Will this system stay within its directory tree, or will things go
> outside it? In other words, should I do it in a separate OS (in a
> multi-boot computer, or can it be done in a general purpose OS?
Yes, it will. You can make a directory "ToriOS", place the uncompressed files
and the original Ubuntu iso in it and run the command an everything will stay
in that folder.
> 2. Is there any manual intervention when running the scripts? Or should
> I prepare everything before starting it, and it runs until finish as a
> batch job?
In a clean environment everything works automatically. So just don't forget

sh live-cd-script.sh clean i386

if you want to retry. Just to mention, you need to be root for everything the
script does. You also need to install squashfs-tools, genisoimage, debootstrap
and lzma (if I didn't forget anything). I am also running it on my normal
production machine.