The Technical Side of ToriOS

Hola amigos,

Hope everyone is fine and not sick like the poor me (nasty flu),

Before I start taking any decision or creating any new blueprint, I'd like (as I always used to do with all my projects) to think loudly with my family (you) so let's see how this will develop :)

ATTENTION:
These are just ideas ... NOTHING yet confirmed :)

1- ToriOS is supporting Non-PAE machines by default - we have already agreed on that - just a reminder. 2- ToriOS is always an LTS - we too agreed on that as well - just a reminder. 3- ToriOS will be released every 12 months NOT every 6 months like Ubuntu - new idea. 4- ToriOS 1.0 is based on 12.04 LTS - we have discussed that before but didn't yet 100% agree on.
5- ToriOS 2.0 will be based on 14.04 LTS
6- nm-manager should not be used as far as I have read so far from different people all of them confirmed the big RAM eater is nm-manager. 7- While we're targeting low hardware machines (32-bit), shouldn't we also think of those who wish to try ToriOS on more powerful machine (64bit)? if that so, we need two builds: i386 and amd64. 8- I need the Wiki and Docs team to write each and every post, not only about the system, how to use it, system requirement, etc ... no ... I'm planning to document the steps that we have done to create this or will create this system and YES, I mean the technical side so I guess both the docs and devs guys need to work side by side if you agree on this. 9- 60MB or 50MB? don't want to kill ourselves but if we could do that, why not? I guess you know what I'm talking about :) 10- Have we thought about the ISO size? any idea how big will it be? around 300MB? 400MB? less or more? AFAIK, it should never reach say 600MB, right?
11- Where are we going to host the ISOs? do we have a host for that?
12- As long as ToriOS is based on Ubuntu, we can test it on Virtual Machine such as OracleVB, correct? 13- By any chance, do we need to talk with Ubuntu/Canonical team about our Project? I mean is there any kind of approval or stuff like that we need? I'm talking about the technical side of our project as they should have nothing to do with the other stuff but maybe they do with the technical side, that is why I'm asking and we need to know IMHO. 14- Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2 and RC? or no need for that? should we just do Alpha, Beta and RC? these are milestones just like what Ubuntu GNOME or Lubuntu are doing when it comes to the development cycle. 15- I know it is hard to tell at this point but any idea when ToriOS 1.0 will be available to download and use? I know I'm the one who should announce that but if truth to be told, it is something that our devs should advise for and we haven't yet done anything serious.

Okay, I guess that is all for now ...

I have another ideas/Qs to think of loudly with you but that is for another email as these are the non-technical stuff and should be on different email :)

Thank you!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad