Re: Wiki and Documentation

On 06/08/2014 02:25 PM, Smile4ever wrote:
Hi,

Hi and thanks for your quick reply :)

1) The wiki is not working, so there isn't much I can do. The database is down - can someone please check it? If you require more details (like database name) feel free to send me a private e-mail.

@William
Any thoughts?

If this issue doesn't get resolved, I will consider switching the wiki system to something that does not require a database (possible candidate: DokuWiki). Our friends at www.bodhilinux.com use that system already.

Any idea why it is down?
I noticed that last night but forgot to ask.

Any nice and easy to deal with Wiki System is okay but I still need to understand what is wrong with the current one?

Have we lost all the data on our current Wiki area which is down?

2 ) With nothing decided which applications that we will ship with ToriOS, there isn't much we can "document" yet.

Who mentioned anything about the applications? :D

We don't actually need to talk about an application but rather a system ;)

3) Why document every step? Let's together focus on the most important things: getting ToriOS ready for the public, including extensive documentation. I don't believe it's interesting to read what we do (and rewrite it several times) but rather what we achieve and how. Comments?

Who will be involved to put ToriOS together? the answer is the developers :) I'm the founder of this project, yet I can't do much when it comes to the technical side. So? do I have to sit and watch? the answer is BIG NO. I don't really want anyone to sit and watch. Since there is no testing yet, we need to document our steps. Why?

1- This is helpful for us and for the FOSS world in case someone else wishes to follow our steps and start his/her own project. He/She can read and learn from our mistakes before our achievements.

2- Creating a powerful Wiki and Doc System for ToriOS is something I have in mind and I'd like to see it.

3- I believe it will attract more people to join and help.

You know I have build Ubuntu GNOME Wiki Area from scratch (we had only one page). So, you guys are not alone, I can always help whenever needed.

Kind regards,
Geoffrey De Belie

Thank you!

---- Aan zo, 08 jun 2014 12:11:03 +0200 Ali Linx  schreef ----

Hi zleap, Smile4ever and everyone else :)

You may have noticed that recently, this list became active and the
project overall has some very positive progress and - THANK GOD - we
have something to do now :)

Now, here is what I have in mind even before choosing a name for this
project.
I want this project to be different from any other project. To cut it
short, I do want each and every step we do to be documented.

I know it might sound as an overkill but if you ask me, it is a huge
fun. If I have time, I'd do that myself - no question. Sadly, time is
the last thing I have in hand lately.

I see you guys are doing nothing right now so why not jump in and do
something? :D

What I have in mind for ToriOS is everyone within this community should
do something and never wait anyone to ask him (be proactive) and never
wait for a certain task to be started so he/she do something ... NO. I
want everything to work in parallel and if we manage to achieve that,
we'd be the best community ever :D

Waiting to hear back from you, guys :)

Merci beaucoup

--