Re: JWM config

2014-06-14 08:25, Israel skrev:
> On 06/14/2014 01:00 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

>>> OK, so I have gotten a very basic FLTK version (with lots of missing
>>> features).  But, it works!
>>> I think I am going to bump the version to 0.002
>>> Here is a screenshot.  (I know the icon looks horrible... I resized it
>>> wrong)
>>> I wanted to make a video, but you have to restart JWM in order to make
>>> the changes... so it would kill the desktop recorder.
>>>

>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> Let us know, when you want your version to be uploaded for other people
>> to try, and we can find a good way to do it.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
> I will... I want to add more functionality, and add some serious error
> catching.  I don't want the user to be able to accidentally remove his
> config file, and then not have a desktop.
> So I will need to add in a check where it looks for the file, and if it
> doesn't exist makes it.  I already have a backup function (while you are
> editing your changes)... but it is pretty simple.
> So, when it becomes a bit more 'safe' I will let others use it.
> probably once I get to a 0.01 version.  There is much I have to refactor
> and clean up... unless there is someone else who likes programming, and
> wants to help out, I don't want users to use this yet, as it is too
> unfinished.  When it is closer I will even make a ppa for it.
>
> Since you are so into helping... I have been thinking about the
> directory structure more.
> I think we should have a themes directory in the .jwm directory.  In
> there we can have theme folders with their own panel file, etc... what
> do you think about that?
>
> Also... I have been looking into the menu structure a bit... and want to
> figure out a way to make the programs in the menu have a better menu
> structure.  I don't entirely understand what is going on with the menu
> stuff.... but the docs are at /usr/share/doc/menu/html if you have jwm
> installed on Debian/Ubuntu.
>
> I'd like a much cleaner menu similar to what other wm have (like
> LXDE/XFCE) with simple categories.

Hi Israel,

OK, you know, when it is ready for other people to test, and to get it
from a ppa is a good alternative :-)

I think it will work with a themes directory in the .jwm directory.

A clean menu is a good thing. But you should also consider, what happens
when people install software packages (that automatically add entries
into the menu).