Re: jwm settings manager update

2014-07-20 22:34, Israel skrev:
> I fixed the wrong path for the theme images... though 'Ambiance' doesn't
> have an image yet... I will also be adding more themes (when I get the
> time), so anyone that has requests make them known.  I will be adding a
> 'blue' theme and a 'green' theme soon... maybe one that looks like XP?
> Who knows...
>
> The major update was reworking all the GUI to be resize-able.  This is
> an issue Ali noted with Lubuntu a while back... actually he lamented
> greatly that the app was NOT resizable (I don't remember which one).
> When I tested the settings manager in a low resolution screen it was
> unusable.  So, this is now fixed... however I have not updated the PPA
> yet, so don't expect it to be there... just know if you are testing this
> and found this usability bug, the fix is there and will be coming to the
> PPA soon.  I am a bit busy, but I am trying to improve the program as a
> top priority.
>
> The next major goal will be to get the Keyboard shortcut settings
> working well.  I started on this today, and got the UI re-arranged to be
> more intuitive (or at least it seems that way to me now).
>
> Then will come the less major stuff, and once all the testing is done,
> and the features are ready... I will get this close to a Beta.  Once it
> is Beta we can test on Precise, and then... well we can add it to the ISO.
>
> When you are testing this, PLEASE let me know of ANY issues.
> If something doesn't make sense, or is hard to use... LET ME KNOW!!!!
>
> There are some usability issue I know about (Font Selector doesn't exist
> yet, so you have to hand type the font name).  But those are not bugs,
> they are missing features.
>
> If there is some functionality that seems to be missing (there are a lot
> of things for the fonts that I haven't implemented)  let me know, I may
> know about it already, but I may not.
>
> I have been trying to test this heavily across many use cases and
> scenarios... there *should* be no way the user can screw everything up.
> If you figure out an easter egg and can bork your test environment's DE
> let me know... that should be impossible by now.... but I am only human
> and working on a lot of different things :)
>
> P.S.  TTY is your friend when testing.
>
> The quickest way to recover will be to save the ~/.jwmrc to a backup.
> if all goes haywire drop to your TTY (Ctrl + Alt + F1(or F2 etc..)) and
> copy it to .jwmrc and run jwm -p from the terminal  You should get no
> errors (well.. you might get one for a root menu not being set... I know
> about that and will fix it soon... it isn't a huge deal).
> Then type
> sudo apt-get stop lightdm
> sudo apt-get start lightdm
> This should get you back and running.

Hi Israel,

Great progress but still a lot of work with ToriOS :-)

I'm busy with my mkusb right now mking it 'fully menu-driven', so I will
not be testing ToriOS until my development and testing of mkusb has
reached a stable level.

I intend to leave the possibility to use the file name (of an iso file,
img file or img.xz file) as a parameter, but there will also be a
selector menu, where the input file can be selected for users who want
to use the terminal window as little as possible. Well, actually there
is such a selector menu, but not in the uploaded version. I'm still
debugging it :-P

Actually both of us are asking for testing right now ...