Re: jwm settings manager update

On 07/21/2014 03:02 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> 2014-07-20 22:34, Israel skrev:
> Hi Israel,
>
> Great progress but still a lot of work with ToriOS :-)
>
> I'm busy with my mkusb right now mking it 'fully menu-driven', so I will
> not be testing ToriOS until my development and testing of mkusb has
> reached a stable level.
>
> I intend to leave the possibility to use the file name (of an iso file,
> img file or img.xz file) as a parameter, but there will also be a
> selector menu, where the input file can be selected for users who want
> to use the terminal window as little as possible. Well, actually there
> is such a selector menu, but not in the uploaded version. I'm still
> debugging it :-P
>
> Actually both of us are asking for testing right now ...
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio,
You are absolutely right.  I will try to get to testing your program as
well, as soon as I can!  I know it is something I sorely needed a few
years earlier!  It would have made everything much easier than it was.
Both of us are working to get some of the major main components as
stable and full featured as we can.  I know we both want things to be
very easy for the user, very clear, and intelligent enough to do the
heavy lifting for the users that don't want too much options and
terminal time, but robust enough to let the user really be able to
tinker with every little aspect.

I think ToriOS is going to be a very fun distro for people to try out.
It has a 'new' unique installer, and a 'new' unique WM.  And, it will
run on most computers that cannot run a modern OS.

Oh... before I forget, Paul was asking about using JWM as the DE in the
live version of the installer.  I told him that was the plan, and that
you had said you could do this.  I just need to double check that I am
remembering this correctly.  I am almost 100% sure you did say that.  We
can have the full ToriOS (all the default programs, and wallpaper,
theme, etc..) running on the Live version.