Re: OBI

HI Israel,

[Replying inline after installing in my Toshiba with Intel i5 CPU]

Den 2014-08-30 18:06, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio,
>
> I used mktrbl to make the tarball of the entire drive.  I have looked
> inside the tarball and everything looks fine.  The tarball is the basic
> 32bit 12.04 ToriOS... the live environment mimics this almost entirely
> (still a few things I need to address).
>
> OBI says it can find the tarball, but that it cannot write to the
> device... I will test this in more depth... if you like you can test it
> as well.

I installed in text mode. I had to find manually the tarball, which is
fairly easy for me, I have used the tool before. But you should have a
soft link to the location to make it more convenient. (I don't want to
have the tarball occupy valuable RAM-disk space, so it is in the 'cdrom
emulating partition'.

free -m: 68 MB RAM idling after boot in graphical DE :-)
uname -a: Generic PAE kernel
lsb_release -a: Ubuntu 12.04.5
df -h: Used 1.4G

At login (torios,torios) I had a complaint: "Unable to contact the Wicd
daemon due to an access denied error from DBus. Please check that your
user is in the netdev group."

ping 8.8.8.8: Network is unreachable; I have wired internet, and most
other distros work flawlessly.

-o-

ToriOS looks good and is very responsive :-)

It was hard to get out of it. The Shutdown menu was dead, but I could
log out, and from the text interface shutdown (poweroff).