Re: FW: Re: Pentium M and ToriOS

On 10/08/2014 12:20 AM, Israel wrote:
Hey Ali,
Hi everyone,
I am trying to get a very usable version, but there are a few things I need to fix before I can recommend you installing it to use.
Sorry...  I am trying to set up things to work easily.

You could try to run
sudo dpkg-reconfigure wicd

But, that build may have some issues with the permissions and who owns the files.
you may need to do something like:
sudo chown -R torios:torios ~/

again... sorry I am working on it :)i

No need to be sorry, brother. The HDD of that machine has 1023 bad sectors and I had to format the HDD and will try to isolate the first 5GB of the HDD as the owner said the bad sectors are there.

Xubuntu 12.04.4 worked while 14.04.1 (Lubuntu and Xubuntu) did not.

After all, I think it is a hardware issue that stopped them.

ToriOS was great when I installed it .. hopefully the newest build will be ready soon and we could install that on the naughty machine :D

Thanks a lot ...