[Feedback] ToriOS 25102014 build - Installed System

Hi all,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfc64j7wy2ygow0/ToriOS-alpha.iso?dl=0
MD5SUM: 8c525b2d5fa7972e1dfbd4541c0f2fbe

This Feedback is about running an installed ToriOS on an Oracle VB.

1- Installation was successful and it seems OBI can now handle manual installations so I guess it can handle a dual-boot systems - Nio, please correct me if I am wrong.

2- The biggest problem that I see in OBI is: there is no way - unless I am blind - to create a user name that I could use later after the installation is done. Please correct me, Nio :)

3- Because of #2, Logging in with "torios" password is not convenient at all but hey, we are testing the alpha so it is not the end of the world.

4- 78MB is the RAM usage at the startup on Oracle VB with 256MB.

5- Again, I can NOT connect to the Internet.

6- The time is wrong on the installed system. It says 5:38AM while in real life, it is 4:38PM. So, it seems the system is set by default to GMT time.

7- "lshw" is installed by default so please ignore my previous request to include that. However, if it is NOT on the LiveCD, kindly do include that by default on the LiveCD.

8- Menu > Accessories > Root Terminal = does not work because the password is not accepted.

9- Synaptic does not work from the menu but it does work from Terminal: Menu > System > XTerm > gksudo synaptic > torios as password > done. Because I have no internet, I couldn't install anything.

10- So far, the nasty bug that I explained on my previous feedback about the settings is not yet happening. Couldn't reproduce it yet. I will keep trying that.

11- ToriOS has a serious problem - IMHO - that there is only one user name, that is torios with the same password and we can't add any other user "after" installing the system using any GUI tool. This is IMHO a problem unless we explain to our users howto do that using the terminal. Even myself can't remember the commands. I need to google that. If I am new to Linux, I will find this very hard. It depends what kind of users we are targeting.

12- The screenshot bug that Paul has mentioned is happening to me as well.

13- I can't choose any icon from the list - not sure why?

14- GREAT idea to set the home page of the browser to ToriOS website :D

15- I tried to remove "htop" using Synaptic. It is removed and I can't find it on the applications. But on the Menu, the entry is there and not removed. Even "Reload Desktop" did not help.

That is all for now.

If I will find more, I shall send another report :)

Thanks a lot!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad