Re: If RAM = xx Then

Den 2014-11-09 08:58, Ali/amjjawad skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> Just thinking loudly here ...
>
> While ToriOS is made for very old machines, it's still can be used for newer ones.
>
> Some features might be missing for whatever reason (CD size limit, etc..) so, is it possible to add a script or a code to check the physical RAM on the target machine?
>
> IF RAM = xxxMB THEN
> ELSE
>
> For example (again, just thinking loudly):
>
> if RAM=1024MB then use Ubiquity
>
> Else use OBI
>
> Just a crazy idea :)
>
> Thank you!
> Sent from my smartphone.

Hi Ali and all,

Yes it is possible, but ubiquity will compete with the disk space within
the CD size. It might be a better idea to supply two iso files,

- one iso file for really old computers, where booting from CD is
necessary, and/or where the RAM is so small, that ubiquity does not work.

- and one iso file for other computers, where booting from DVD and USB
is possible.

We can add a lot of packages to the second iso file. It will probably be
enough with approximately 1 GB, but I would say the limit is 4 GB for
such an iso file.

-o-

On the other hand: For people who are not familiar with ubiquity, I
think it is at least as easy to use the OBI. Or can be: if you think
something is not intuitive, the work flow can be improved, better
explained, or some text improved.