Re: UEFI BIOS

Den 2014-11-17 21:57, Israel skrev:
> On 11/17/2014 01:05 AM, Jörn Schönyan wrote:
>> Am Montag, 17. November 2014 03:57:40 CEST schrieb Israel:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>> Thanks!
>>> I am not entirely sure if the CD will boot correctly with EFI, I have
>>> no idea, actually...
>> Without testing: no, it will not. There is only the 32bit iso, EFI
>> doesn't boot from 32bit.
>>
>> Best regards, Jörn!
> Hi Jörn,
> Thanks
> I was unaware about this, as the Download page indicates that the i386
> images will work for any computer if I am unsure.
> Do we need to include an efi boot portion to our isolinux in order to
> make it boot also, or does it only have to have 64bit packages?
> As, I said, I know very little about EFI.. especially standard EFI.  I
> do know that Apple EFI is extremely LAME :)

Hi Israel,

Most UEFI systems have a BIOS emulating mode, often called CSM. 32-bit
operating systems can run in that mode, but if Windows is installed in
UEFI mode, you have to toggle between UEFI and CSM when you want to
switch between Windows and the 32-bit operating system, and it is not
convenient.

I don't think you should worry about 64-bits and UEFI for the current
version of ToriOS. Leave that to the second or third version.