Re: Last update today :P

On 12/26/2014 01:17 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2014-12-26 19:53, Jack T. skrev:
>> On Fri, December 26, 2014 4:45 pm, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>> Hi Israel and Jack,
>>>

>>> I must admit, that a failed.
>>>

>>> 1. Installing a system with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS mini.iso did not work. I
>>> tried in different ways (computers, pae and non-pae, CD and pendrive). It
>>> seems as if the repositories are not found.
>>>
>>> 2. I could install Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, and I installed your ppa and
>>>

>>> jwm-settings-manager jwm
>>>
>>> and had the option at the login screen. But the jwm session did not work.
>>> I just had the original Ubuntu wallpaper and nothing else, it was
>>> locked and I had to SysRq R E I S U B to get a soft reboot.
>>>
>>> 3. I also tried from the ToriOS iso file (the current one from the
>>> ToriOS website)
>>>

>>> sudo -H mkusb ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso
>>>
>>> I could install via the OBI, but the installed system did not work well.
>>>

>>> In my old IBM Thinkpad with Pentium M, there was no network, so I could
>>> not install your ppa and jwm-settings-manager and jwm. In my Toshiba the
>>> live system worked, but something went wrong during installation and the
>>> installed system would not boot. I think the target partitions could not
>>> be unmounted (in the OBI process).
>>>
>>> *. Please advice what you think is a good way to make a good
>>> installation of ToriOS: Stepwise,
>>>
>>> 0. Suitable computer (or CPU)
>>> 1. Install from the iso file xxx.iso
>>> 2. Tweak a, tweak b, tweak c ...
>>> 3. Install your ppa and jwm-settings-manager and jwm.
>>> 4. Tweak d, tweak e, tweak f ...
>>>

>>> Best regards
>>> Nio

>> Hi Nio and Israel,
>>
>> I tried an install beginning with the Precise mini.iso and firstly ran
>> into (inside VM where I do my testing currently) the problem where the
>> mini.iso install hangs on 'Install Syatem' step...I found that this was a
>> documented problem and the mini.iso that does install okay has to come
>> from 'Precise-Updates'  link below...
>>
>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise-updates/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/non-pae/
>>
>> ...I tried to get jwm working using the ppa method but never got past
>> logging in which seemed to always stick on a black screen after typing my
>> password...
>>
>> I'm sure when you get the chance to respond to Nio's questions all will be
>> revealed...
>>
>> Cheers, JackT.
>>

> Hi Jack,
>
> Thanks for finding a way around that problem with the 12.04 mini.iso :-)
> I'll try the precise-updates version tonight or maybe tomorrow.
>
> And yes, I think we need help from Israel to get jwm working properly
> via the ppa method.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi guys.
I think the *main issue* will be the stuff in /etc/skel
You will need to :

sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.* $HOME
sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.config/* $HOME/.config

Or add a new user I suppose.

Then you *may* need to run:
xdg-user-dirs-update && update-menus to get your 'Places' menu in order.

If you end up using*PCmanFM* (I haven'tvimplemented this in the settings
program quite yet)
it would be good to run:

sed -i 's#show_wm_menu=0#show_wm_menu=1#'
$HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf

wallpaper="/usr/share/backgrounds/default.png"
sed -i "s#wallpaper=.*#wallpaper=$wallpaper#"
$HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf

*for s**eamonkey:*
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
sudo echo -e "\ndeb
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all
main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list > /dev/null

sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get install --yes seamonkey-mozilla-build

*HERE are all the apps I install*
PPAPPS=(numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
torios-core torios-desktop torios-doc numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme
numix-icon-theme-circle mkusb jwm-settings-manager jwm)
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:mkusb/ppa &&
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:numix &&
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:torios-dev/torios-core &&
sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get install --yes ${PPAPPS[@]}

I think that will get you fully setup.
Let me know how this goes for you I downloaded the 'new' precise ISO and
will be trying this also soon :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team