Re: Last update today :P

Den 2014-12-26 21:47, Israel skrev:
> On 12/26/2014 01:17 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Den 2014-12-26 19:53, Jack T. skrev:
>>> On Fri, December 26, 2014 4:45 pm, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi guys.
> I think the *main issue* will be the stuff in /etc/skel
> You will need to :
>
> sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.* $HOME
> sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.config/* $HOME/.config
>
> Or add a new user I suppose.
>
> Then you *may* need to run:
> xdg-user-dirs-update && update-menus to get your 'Places' menu in order.
>
> If you end up using*PCmanFM* (I haven'tvimplemented this in the settings
> program quite yet)
> it would be good to run:
>
> sed -i 's#show_wm_menu=0#show_wm_menu=1#'
> $HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
>
> wallpaper="/usr/share/backgrounds/default.png"
> sed -i "s#wallpaper=.*#wallpaper=$wallpaper#"
> $HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
>

> *for seamonkey:*
> sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
> sudo echo -e "\ndeb
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all
> main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list > /dev/null
>
> sudo apt-get update &&
> sudo apt-get install --yes seamonkey-mozilla-build
>

> *HERE are all the apps I install*
> PPAPPS=(numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
> torios-core torios-desktop torios-doc numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme
> numix-icon-theme-circle mkusb jwm-settings-manager jwm)
> sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:mkusb/ppa &&
> sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:numix &&
> sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:torios-dev/torios-core &&
> sudo apt-get update &&
> sudo apt-get install --yes ${PPAPPS[@]}
>
> I think that will get you fully setup.
> Let me know how this goes for you I downloaded the 'new' precise ISO and
> will be trying this also soon :)
>
> --
> Regards
>
> -Israel
> ToriOS Team

Hi Israel and all toriosadores,

I made it - managed to make ToriOS off the Ubuntu mini.iso via the tarball

precise-mini-txt.tar.xz

See the attached files. Probably some of my tweaks and installed
packages are not necessary, but it works :-)

One crucial point is that skel should be copied after installing
'everything' related to ToriOS

PPAPPS=(numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
torios-core torios-desktop torios-doc numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme
numix-icon-theme-circle mkusb jwm-settings-manager jwm)
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:mkusb/ppa &&
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:numix &&
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:torios-dev/torios-core &&
sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get install --yes ${PPAPPS[@]}

sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.* $HOME
sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.config/* $HOME/.config

After preparing this, I also installed nm-applet, (only 3.23 MB extra
disk space), and I can see wireless access-points like in Lubuntu. It
will also use some RAM. I'll check how much increase after a reboot:

Deactivate slim (otherwise nm-applet won't work, I think it will be
disturbed by the network setup in ToriOS).

login: tester
password: 123456

startx

Start via fluxbox - without slim - then switch to jwm (alias ToriOS)

nm-applet (works also in ToriOS)

RAM increases from 70 MB to 76 MB in ToriOS. nm-applet is only
necessary, when wireless network is to be set up and used. Wired network
starts automatically.

Happy New Year
Nio

ps/ Israel, do you want this installed system as a tarball? /ds

# ----- Tweaking of the original text based system from
# ----- 'precise-mini-txt' installed by 'OBI-precise-mini'

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends install network-manager  # my way :-P
sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
sudo service networking start
sudo service network-manager restart
sudo service networking restart
./clean-myself.bash
sudo nano /etc/default/grub
sudo update-grub
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get clean
./clean-myself.bash

# ----- preparing for ToriOS

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common python-software-properties

sudo apt-get install xinit    # maybe not necessary but to get a basic WM
sudo apt-get install fluxbox  # xinit and fluxbox
sudo apt-get install firefox  # I know, but I like FF :-P
sudo apt-get install xterm    # used in fluxbox
startx
sudo adduser tester  # new user recommended by Israel
su - tester
sudo nano /etc/group # fixed superuser privileges (added in sudo group)
su - tester
exit

# ----- skel copy needed (after installing 'everything')

sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.* $HOME
sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.config/* $HOME/.config

# ----- Or add a new user I suppose.

# ----- Then you may need install and run:
# ----- xdg-user-dirs-update && update-menus to get your 'Places' menu in order.

sudo apt-get install xdg-user-dirs
xdg-user-dirs-update
sudo apt-get install menu
sudo update-menus

# ----- Checking (see screenshot)

free -m
df -h
lsb_release -a
uname -a
grep -i pae /proc/cpuinfo
grep 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo
sudo blkid

tester@torios:~$ free -m
Mem:          1253        156       1097          0         17         67
-/+ buffers/cache:         70       1182
Swap:         2277          0       2277
tester@torios:~$ nm-applet
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area

(nm-applet:1264): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy

** (nm-applet:1264): WARNING **: Failed to show notification: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: using fallback from indicator to GtkStatusIcon
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area
^Z
[1]+  Stopped                 nm-applet
tester@torios:~$ bg
[1]+ nm-applet &
tester@torios:~$ free -m
Mem:          1253        174       1079          0         18         79
-/+ buffers/cache:         76       1177
Swap:         2277          0       2277
tester@torios:~$