Re: Last update today :P

On Fri, December 26, 2014 9:35 pm, Israel wrote:
> On 12/26/2014 03:04 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>
>> Den 2014-12-26 21:47, Israel skrev:
>>

>>> Hi guys.
>>> I think the *main issue* will be the stuff in /etc/skel
>>> You will need to :
>>>

>>> sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.* $HOME sudo cp -f /etc/skel/.config/*
>>> $HOME/.config
>>>

>>> Or add a new user I suppose.
>>>

>>> Then you *may* need to run:
>>> xdg-user-dirs-update && update-menus to get your 'Places' menu in
>>> order.
>>>
>>> If you end up using*PCmanFM* (I haven'tvimplemented this in the
>>> settings program quite yet) it would be good to run:
>>>
>>> sed -i 's#show_wm_menu=0#show_wm_menu=1#'
>>> $HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
>>>

>>> wallpaper="/usr/share/backgrounds/default.png" sed -i
>>> "s#wallpaper=.*#wallpaper=$wallpaper#"
>>> $HOME/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
>>>

>>> *for s**eamonkey:*
>>> sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
>>>  sudo echo -e "\ndeb
>>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all
>>> main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list > /dev/null
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install --yes
>>> seamonkey-mozilla-build
>>>

>>> *HERE are all the apps I install*
>>> PPAPPS=(numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
>>> torios-core torios-desktop torios-doc numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme
>>>  numix-icon-theme-circle mkusb jwm-settings-manager jwm) sudo
>>> add-apt-repository -y ppa:mkusb/ppa && sudo add-apt-repository -y
>>> ppa:numix &&
>>> sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:torios-dev/torios-core && sudo apt-get
>>> update && sudo apt-get install --yes ${PPAPPS[@]}
>>>
>>> I think that will get you fully setup.
>>> Let me know how this goes for you I downloaded the 'new' precise ISO
>>> and will be trying this also soon :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>

>>> -Israel
>>> ToriOS Team
>>>

>> Hi Jack,
>>

>> 1. I made a working mini (text only) system from the Ubuntu 12.04
>> mini.iso from precise-updates (non-pae) in my IBM Thinkpad with Pentium
>> M.
>>

>> This iso file works not only from CD but also from USB (via mkusb)
>> which was not the case in the beginning of 12.04, when the original
>> mini.iso worked only from CD. So it is really an improved mini.iso :-)
>>
>> Hi Israel,
>>

>> Thanks for the long list. I will try according to it, but won't finish
>> tonight. It's getting late in Europe :-)
>>
>> Good night
>> Nio
>>
> Hi Nio,
> I was unable to boot mini on the old computer still... not sure what is
> going wrong there...  It is odd every ToriOS image I have burned worked
> really well.  It even booted much faster than Puppy.... but mini gets a
> kernel panic after tons of error messages with memory addresses and
> whatnot.

> [...]
Hi Israel, Nio,

I did most of the setup documented by your most recent email (apart from
Seamonkey) and can't get past the login screen (see picture link)...I
enter a good username and password then the box pops up as shown...any
clues what's needed?

Thanks, JackT.

http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2014-12-27_12_30_32-OeCi1APb.png