Re: lxsession torios-core [IMPORTANT] update

On 12/28/2014 12:23 PM, Jack T. wrote:
> Hi Israel,
>
> Is it appropriate to start thinking of having an Unstable ppa to avoid
> accidentally updating packages that are Unstable?  Just a thought.
>
> JackT.

Hi Jack!
You are absolutely right!  Once we are past Alpha stage, I will move all
potentially dangerous changes to an unstable channel... but currently
there are only Alpha installs of ToriOS so we all expect things to break
occasionally.

Hi everyone else :)

UPDATE:
So, I did some checking and found Xubuntu uses an interesting script to
handle everything.
I have modified our startup to use a custom script called
starttorios
This does a lot of fantastic stuff, and I borrowed heavily from the xfce
script and the lxde script.
I am rebuilding things, and the test should bring things back to a good
working order... I will apprise everyone when I know for sure :)
I also have a VM that I will update from the current version to see if
this breaks anything (it shouldn't... but I want to make sure before I
advise anyone else)

OBI:
I have not had any issues with OBI installing, so I am unable to
find/confirm the bug Nio was reporting earlier.  Of course I am using
the same tarball name... so this may be the main issue... I will look at
your code soon, as I want OBI to work for your purposes too, as well as
any that anyone could want.

-Israel
ToriOS Team