Re: OBI version 2.7 (Was: Re: New ISO building (network monitor) )

On 12/30/2014 10:20 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi again Israel,
>
> Did you notice the two attached compressed tar files
> in my mail dated 2014-12-30 08:55 (today)?
>
> (But the files containing whole operating systems must be downloaded.)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,

Yes, you said the only things that changed are starter and changelog.
The other stuff (torios patch) you sent me a long while back, correct?

I was just commenting that I should download the Lubuntu version and
check that one out, to see how it functions differently from ToriOS.
>From my tests the ToriOS version works fine (It installs anyhow) so I
will have to look at the other one to see what it is that does not work.
I think I will also add something in the startup to look for whatever
tar is in one of the tar directories and change selected (I do this in
the select-tarball script if I remember the name right)

I would like OBI to be portable for any situation.  So I would like to
adapt the OBI in the PPA to work with ANY DE and ANY Tarball.  So far it
works with my tarballs... but there may be some needed tweeks to fix any
minor/major issues.

Then this way you and I can collaborate and use the same OBI base.  You
could make a PPA (or debian packages) and use it with Debian as your
live base.  Then we could both contribute to the same codebase in the
future and maintain a single OBI, rather than having multiple versions.
Though of course it would need to be modified for other OS I suppose.

-Israel
ToriOS Team