Re: What to Test (Was: jwm-settings-manager update)

On 01/03/2015 02:40 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-01-03 05:33, Israel skrev:
> Hi Israel,
>
> I'm glad to read that you finally fixed the issues you had :-)
>
> What PPA do I need to get the updated JWM?
>
> And tell us when you have something for us to test!
>
> 1. A new version in the torios-ppa
> 2. A new iso file with a live system and a tarball.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio,

updated (not fully updated with the background fix) ppa for JWM
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:israeldahl/jwm

Test installing torios-desktop on a machine with another DE (like
Lubuntu, or whatever else).
Log into the toriOS session.  Do things work?  Does your computer crash
and leave X?

Does this work WITH lightDM? This is a rather large question I have...
as I used some of LightDM's startup code for starttorios (to get
networking running, take care of dbus and consolekit, etc...)

I just recently pushed an update to the torios-core PPA, as I
encountered an error trying to starttorios.  For some reason making a
Bash array from command output was not being recognized... so I did it
the other, less 'cool looking' way.  So update this as well to the
newest version.

Test jwm-settings-manager too.... test all the different parts.  do
things you would normally do.  try to really customize it from the basic
setup to what you would use normally.

-Israel
ToriOS Team