Re: Fwd: Fwd: Invitation to join OPen Invention Network

Hi Ali,
Yes!
I was actually just thinking about this issue the other day.
How do we protect our copyrights on our software?  We do not have
lawyers, so if someone uses any of our libre software in an non-free way
how do we make them make it free?

We are definitely commited to libre software, I have been very diligent
to make sure our copyrights included even Sam Hewitt who made the icons,
and that all of our software has some sort of copyright.

We use GPL3
MIT
and in the case of sdesk (from the author's request) we commit it to the
public domain.
The only thing we do not have copyrighted is Rafael's image...
By the way, you might ask Rafael if:
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License
Is sufficient.

AFAIK the manual is also CC

The other side of this is if someone tries to use a patent against us
and sue us for something we are not infringing on.  Obviously our own
programs OBI and jwm-settings-manager are unique applications, and there
is no other one similar to them and do not infringe on existing
programs.  So having some sort of legal umbrella to be under would be a
good way to protect ourselves in the future.

-Israel
ToriOS Team